Monday, December 15, 2014

Seoul, Korea

Five months and a stressful grad semester later, I'm finally getting around to posting the rest of the pictures from my summer trip.  These next few from Seoul are just a couple of the ones we went to.  I swear all I ever do when I travel is eat!  So enjoy in my gorge-fest:

1.  Homemade Gabli Tang
My aunt is an amazing chef and always makes Galbi Tang (beef and noodle soup) for breakfast.. with a side of rice and kimchi...  Koreans don't seem to have traditional sweet breakfast foods like us Americans (probably why we're so fat)

Galbi Tang.

Rice & Kimchi.
2.  Street Food
Korea has some of the best and most interesting street food.  Every time we go, I insist on getting these fish-shaped red bean cakes (bungeopppang).  It's a must have!
Typical street vendor.

Red Bean Pancakes.


Fish Pancake!

Cocktails to go. My fav!

These are their ice cream cones...
3.  Du Rae Bak Restaurant.
Some of the most amazing pork and seafood pancakes I have ever had!

Seaweed soup.

Pork and mounds of Kimchi.

Seafood Pancake.
4.  Chinese Food in Korea
Suprisingly, the Chinese food in Korea is equally as amazing.  I, naturally, got the typical black bean and noodle dish (jajangmyeon) and my brother had this delicious spicy tofu dish (Mapo Tofu).
Sweet & Sour Chicken.

Mapo Tofu. 

Jajangmyeon.

Cold noodle soup. 

5.  Sangeum (Heyri)
My mom's old friend Bruce took my brother and I to Heyri, an art town next to the North Korean border.  He took us to this amazing little restaurant witha  billion little dishes all made from natural roots and plants grown right in that area.  This picture below does not do it justice because I couldn't fit the whole table in one shot!
6.  More Korean BBQ
Of course for our last meal in Korea, we had even more Korean BBQ.  I can never get sick of eating all this delicious juicy marinated meat!
Charcoal grilled meat.

Sweet white fish.

Seafood Pancake.

Sundubu (Spicy Tofu Soup)

No comments:

Post a Comment